Support for complex types?

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Is support for complex types currently implemented? It does not seem to work. I have a complex type "Address", but my complex type properties throw compiler errors.

Sven.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:06 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I quickly implemented support for Complex Types (but not well tested, I am not sure if nested Complex Types would work or if change tracking is working properly) by using the code from Microsoft's STE implementation. Let me know if you would like to see the Model.cs.ttinclude file.

I also have not read Microsoft's license included with the STE code gen files to see if this would be allowable to redistribute.

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 3:29 AM

The code for the model generation is the same code from Microsoft for the POCO change tracking. I do not wish to modify the behavior of it.

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Fair enough. Would you be interested in support for Complex Types that matches the behavior of the MS POCO implementation?

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM

You mean adding support for Complex Types from the Poco T4 templates, not the Poco Change Tracking templates? I suppose we could offer both.

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM
rickrat wrote:

The code for the model generation is the same code from Microsoft for the POCO change tracking. I do not wish to modify the behavior of it.

Is it the same as Microsoft's POCO implementation or Microsoft's STE implementation? It looks more like Microsoft's STE implementation to me.

When I drop in Microsoft's POCO implementation for Complex Types, then there is no change tracking in the generated class for the Complext Type. When dropping in Microsoft's STE implementation for complex types, there is change tracking, but it requires adding INotifyComplexPropertyChanging (which is a simple, single event interface).

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM

This code base started from the STE released in April, 2010, which apparently might have not had the complex types yet. I'll get the latest templates and try that.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:29 PM

That may very well be the issue. I thought that the STE came with VS 2010 though, and that only the POCO implementation required a download from the Gallery?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 9:42 PM

This is from the gallery initially, poco ste.